Tuesday 26 February 2013

First Food for your Lovely Babies

Assalamualaikum,

When your baby is nearly age 6 months, which is recommended age to start eating solid..Of course as a mom..you'll be headache on what to start giving your baby to eat.But started feeding baby is one of the most wonderful moment in my life!.Baby have 1001 face reaction to the food they eat..:)

Based on my experience, I've started searching info about weaning since my baby is 4 months old.Because as a first time mother, I do not have experience, so need to search the info early to make preparation.

So, lets check it out on what I've started to feed my baby!!

I've started to feed my baby with pureed food, just vegetables and fruits only..I'm not started with plain porridge.

First of all,what is puree food?
Puree mean you need to blend the food to make it fine and soft for your baby to eat.

At first..I've tried one type of pureed food for 3 days to see if there is any allergy reaction to my baby.As far as I tried this method, my lovely daughter have no allergic reaction and I can introduce new food to her.

My practice is..in one week, my baby must eat at least 3 portion of pureed veggy and the rest is pureed fruits.I just do not want my daughter to be peaky eater by not like veggy.So, I started to introduce veggy early to my daughter.

Veggy which I gave my daughter including spinach, broccoli, carrot, parsnip, tomato, pumpkin, cauliflower, starchy food such as potato, and sweet potato.



For fruits including kiwi, avocado, apple, pear (green & yellow), strawberry and papaya.



I just steam all those raw food until tender and then blend it until fine.I'd prefer to steam the raw it than boil it.

When blend the food, you need to add a little water.For those who prefer boiling, please use the boiling water to add into the blender.Because when you boil, some of the nutrient will escape to the boiling water. That's is y I'd prefer steaming.

At first month when my daughter start eating, I just feed her once a day.because her tummy is so small.So, by feeding once a day already enough for me.You also need to know that in a first month started solid, your baby won't eat much..and please do not force them to eat a lot..Just feed them in small portion.Because by 6 months, the best food for your baby is still breast or formula milk.

That's all my entry for this topic.I've a few recipes which I think very simple and my baby love it!

I'll share the recipe from time to time. As a mother, you can introduce any range of veggy or fruits which you think suitable for your baby, because you are their mother and you is the one who know the best for your baby!.

Hope to enjoy reading my blog..Have a nice day!!..:)..




No comments:

Post a Comment